Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Am I hooked?

I love coffee.  Flavored coffees actually.  I was never big on plain.  My grandmother loved it.  When I got old enough to drink it, I got her hip to the French Vanilla and Hazelnut flavors before she went on “to glory” as she would call Heaven.  :-)  Anywho, I digressed a little.  When a person has a thyroid condition, hyper functioning actually, coffee is not your friend unless it’s decaffeinated, which is what I get.  Only thing is, by the time I put sugars (yes because it’s a lot), flavored creams and all of this other stuff, shoot, I should’ve just gotten the regular type.  As I’m drinking it, I can feel the rush.  That’s what I love!  As I continue, it’s gets stronger.  Oh yes!  While I’m going through it, I can get things done.  That’s what I love and that’s why I do it.  Then comes the fall…

I can’t take that part.  The shakes, jitters, heart racing...just the sheer “coming down” part.  Is this what drug addicts feel?  I’m being serious when I ask this question.  I’m not being cheeky.  Why do I do this to myself?  Again, I like the feeling and I need to get things done.  The medication I’m taking stabilizes me to a point where I need the energy to do what I need to do.  Although now, maybe I’m just getting older too so I’m slowing down.  I don’t like that thought. :-)  Well, I have prayed for natural energy and sometimes I’ll get it only IF I allow myself to accept it, but then I miss my COFFEE sooooo much.  LOL

OK, so, no bible references I can think of to go with my story.  I just thought I’d write about this and share my experiences.  Although, if I think about it some more, I probably could come up with one like, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (KJV).”  There! see!  I did it!  I came up with one. :-)  But you know what?  I’ll still keep on with the flavored coffee drinking.  I just know to keep it at a minimum.  Do everything in moderation right?  The bible speaks on that too.  Yeah, I can go for that. :-)   By the way, I’m a huge tea drinker too but, that’s for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment