Friday, March 13, 2015

A mother's love

My mother’s birthday is next month.  For a long time now (I can’t remember how long though), I think of what my being here has done for her.  Now, hold on!  I’m not being selfish, conceited or anything like that.  What I mean is, she sacrificed a lot to allow me to be born.  That’s all I’ll say.  Because of that, her dreams (that I had found out later on in life) was to be a singer.  She has a beautiful voice and I’m not just saying that.  Countless people who had heard my mom sing over the years had mentioned it and even on the radio when a song came on that she use to sing.  So, again, she gave up that dream and a couple more.  Life has not been kind to her and she always worked hard to provide for us.

I think about how much better her life probably would have turned out if I hadn’t been born or lived during childbirth.  I think it would have been better.  I’m the oldest so I can say this.  Everyday I do what I can to show her that I love her (not for giving birth to me because and I hate saying this because I know GOD’s not pleased but it’s still in me to say, I would have preferred to not have been born but GOD didn’t ask me for His permission) for giving up her dreams of a better life.  She has told me she loves me and that she hasn’t regretted my birth but I feel as if I owe it to her so every birthday, I do my best to make it a great one.  Is it out of guilt?  No, it’s out of love for her.  I use to think it was but that was a long time ago.  Nope, I love her.  She’s kind, extremely giving and helpful, loving, smart, GOD-fearing (i.e. respect for Him), etc.  I’m glad she’s my mom and I would have no other.  So see, this isn’t about me; it’s about her and my thoughts of how to show her she’s loved on her day of birth and through out.  It’s just that I go all out on this one.  I wish I could do so much more for her but at this present moment, I do what I can with what has been given me.  When Jesus blesses me with more, then I’ll shower her with more.  She’s such a blessing to me and I love her.  Like that old song by “The Intruders” in ‘73 said, “I’ll always love my mama…”    Take a listen here.  Enjoy!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GjxlguPYo0 or  https://youtu.be/3GjxlguPYo0

No comments:

Post a Comment